Saturday, November 18, 2006

Living the Breslov Lifestyle

Rebbe Nachman of Breslov says in the very first chapter of Likutei Moharan (his magnum opus) that it is absolutely essential to seek out the heavenly wisdom that is to be found in every aspect of creation. G-d's presence is everywhere and if one's eyes are opened it will easily be spotted.

I would clog the blog were I to log how even lowly me gets to see Hashem's hand almost constantly in my daily life.

One aspect of Jewish life specifically, where anyone can get to see/feel Hashem, is in ones learning. In fact my Rabbi, Rav Tzvi Aryeh Rosenfeld z"l, taught me over 30 years ago that the way a person can know if his Torah learning is indeed finding favor in heaven's eyes, is a: by the connections between different things you might be learning and b: the relevancy between what you are learning and what is going on in your life.

More on this track soon...

No comments: